Peacock Chair Large – Vintage Wicker or Rattan Chair
Rattan and wicker furniture started becoming popular in the United States in the late 19th century. Its tropical look and comfort gave it a casual and exotic fee for many homeowners.
Hollywood has helped this chair gain celebrity status by featuring it in television and film. Primarily remembered as Morticia Addam’s chair in the 1960’s television series The Addam’s Family. In France, the chair is known as the Emmanuel Chair for being featured in the 1974 movie Emmanuel.
Because of the unique and dramatic shape resembling the spread tail of the male peacock, many celebrities have chosen to be posed and photographed sitting in this chair. Bette Davis, Diana Ross, and Brigette Bardot among the more notable. Album covers featuring seated photos of musicians Al Di Meola, Julio Iglesias, and James Brown are also well known.
Now you can feel like a celebrity when you pose for photos in our Peacock Chair at your next event.
Color: Natural Wicker
Overall Dimensions (LxWxH): 29″ x 39″ x 51″ inches
Approximate Seat Size: 19 inches Diameter
Seat Height From Floor: 17 inches
Weight: 13 lbs
Approximate Weight Capacity: 220 lbs
Fabrication Material: Woven natural wicker or rattan
Stackable Height: N/A
Popular Usage: Weddings informal meetings and theme parties
Popular Themes: Tropical, Egyptian, Hollywood, Jungle
- Maybe decorated with fabric or tulle.
- Optional chair cushions may be available.
- Delivery, set up and tear down services are available at an additional cost.
- Product image for illustration purposes only. Actual products may vary.
- Product data is for general information. Dimensions and weights are approximate. Most information is deemed accurate but may vary according to different manufacturers and models. Always consult with your Magic Special Events professional event planner for more information.
- Prices do not reflect Delivery, Sales and Rental Tax, Damage Waiver, or cleaning charges when applicable.
- Prices subject to change without notice.
Creating “Magic” and memories in these and other areas:
- Virginia: Richmond, Chesterfield, Henrico, Charlottesville, Williamsburg, Roanoke, Lynchburg, Harrisonburg and all Northern Virginia areas.
- Washington D.C.
- Maryland: Baltimore, Annapolis, Silver Springs, Bethesda, Rockville, Chevy Chase, Gaithersburg and Fredrick
- Pennsylvania: Harrisburg, Hershey, Philadelphia
- North Carolina: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Winston Salem, Charlotte and The Outer Banks